Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Marmalade Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Marmalade Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
A lot of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that, when you eat them, can boost your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You just knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is high in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while also loosening up the rest of your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are well aware that it helps you to elevate your moods as well!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to marmalade cake recipe. You can have marmalade cake using 24 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Marmalade Cake:
- Use of the cakes.
- Provide 1 cup of sunflower oil.
- Provide 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup of soft light brown sugar, any lumps squashed out.
- Provide 3 large of eggs.
- Take 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1 of zest of 3 oranges.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Take 2 cup of grated/shredded carrot.
- Get 2 cup of sultanas.
- Use 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get of the syrup.
- Use 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 of juice of two oranges.
- Take 1/2 cup of marmalade (I used shredless).
- Provide of the frosting.
- Provide 2 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 1 of juice and zest of 2 oranges.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar, sifted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of marmalade, 1 tablespoon of which reserved..
Instructions to make Marmalade Cake:
- Preheat oven to 150 C/ 300°F.
- Butter and line 2* 8 inch cake pans with baking parchmemt.
- In a stand mixer bowl or with an electric hand mixer, beat the oil, eggs and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the cinnamin, nutmeg, baking soda and flour, and mix in with a metal spoon until muxture looks smooth..
- Add the other cake ingredients and mix well..
- Divide mixture between the two pans..
- Bake both cakes on the middle shelf for 30-35 minutes..
- To make the syrup, put the juice, sugar and marmalade in a small saucepan, simmer until all melted, then take off the heat, but keep warm..
- Set up a wire rack with something laid underneath it to catch any spilled syrup (kitchen paper or a cloth).
- Take cakes out of the oven and while still wsrm use a skewer to poke holes all over both cakes, then spoon the syrup over the two cakes..
- Allow cakes to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until fluffy, add the zest and juice, the marmalade and mix in..
- Mix in the confectioner's sugar. If it splits, don't panic, just keep beating it for a few minutes until it comes back together.
- Place the first cake top down on a serving plate or cake dish..
- Spread the reserved marmalade over the base, then spread on the filling (I had enough frosting to do the top of the cake aswell, but if you don't, you can just decorate the top with some orange zest or candied orange peel)..
- Place the second cake on top, as usual..
- If you can, try keeping this cake for a few days as apparently it only gets better! :).
I have fond memories of my friend Molly Owen, who gave me this You can now watch how to make Marmalade Cake in our Cookery School Perfect Cakes term – 'Loaf. This glorious citrus cake step-by-step is two recipes in one – learn how to make a basic Seville orange marmalade then use some of it in this moist, fruity cake. Don't forget to screenshot the ingredients at. This gorgeous orange cake is packed with thick-cut marmalade and topped with candied oranges for the perfect afternoon tea treat. Invert onto plate or serving platter.
If you find this Marmalade Cake recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.