Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods actually do raise your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were simply expecting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This helps better your mental focus while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you become better. Now you know green tea can help raise your mood as well!
As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to salt and pepper shrimp / prawn with basmati rice recipe. To make salt and pepper shrimp / prawn with basmati rice you need 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice:
- Prepare 500 g of shrimp prawn / king (shelled, head and tail off and deveined) / 17½ oz. large.
- You need ½ tablespoon of black pepper freshly ground.
- You need ½ tablespoon of sea salt freshly ground.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cornstarch cornflour /.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper ground Szechwan.
- Take 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of ginger ground.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of paprika.
- Use 125 g of scallions spring onions green end of / (chopped) /4½ oz..
- Use of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
- Get 250 g of basmati rice (washed) / 9 oz..
- Provide 350 ml of water cold / 12 fl. oz..
- Use ½ of chicken stock cube.
- Provide / 125 teaspoon of spring onions white end of (finely sliced)g /4½ oz..
- You need 125 g of peas (frozen) /4½ oz..
- Use 2 of lemons zest of.
- Get 1 of lemon juice of.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger ground.
- Take of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Instructions to make Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice:
- Heat a saucepan sprayed with Spray2Cook. Add the white scallions and soften for 3 minutes..
- Add the water, lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger and rice. Bring to the boil and add the stock cube and peas..
- Turn down to a gentle simmer..
- Lid the pan and leave to simmer for 12 minutes – do not uncover. Remove the pan from the heat and stand for 3 minutes..
- Timed so as to complete when the rice is ready, cook the shrimp..
- Put the ingredients other than the shrimp and scallions in a bowl and mix thoroughly..
- The shrimp should be no more than damp so if previously frozen spread on paper towel to dry. Spray the shrimp in Spray2Cook to cover..
- Dredge the shrimp in the contents of the bowl. Put a wok on high heat and spray with Spray2Cook..
- When the Spray2Cook is bubbling add the shrimp and scallions and stir-fry for 3 minutes until the shrimp is pink..
- Serve the stir-fry on a bed of rice..
If you find this Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.