Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Money.
Until fairly recently anyone who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has fully changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This needs to happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
A lot of electricity is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that happen to be more than ten years old. Always keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to work less often, will also save electricity.
The kitchen alone offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is actually something we can all perform, without difficulty. Largely, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty mung bean and rainbow swiss chard soup recipe. You can cook hearty mung bean and rainbow swiss chard soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup:
- Prepare of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Provide of Swiss chard.
- Use of mung beans.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- You need of olive oil (better if extra-virgin).
- Get of turmeric.
- Get of cumin.
- Use of ground coriander.
- You need of vegetable bullion.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- You need of Dried parsley.
- Use of Black pepper.
- Provide of Salt.
- Prepare of butter.
- Get of coconut milk.
- Take of strawberry jam (or other conserve).
- Prepare of umeshu or lychee wine (or any fruity wine).
Instructions to make Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup:
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat, l and sauté the chopped onions and carrots, stirring regularly for about 3-5 mins..
- Prepare the vegetable stock adding 500 ml of boiling water to the vegetable bullion. Add the beans, all the dry ingredients and the bay leaves to the pan, then add the stock. Let it cook for 25', stirring regularly to prevent sticking..
- Remove the bay leaves. Add the butter, jam and coconut milk. Add more water if necessary, stir well and continue to cook for 10 more minutes. At this point it's easier for the soup to stick to the pan so I recommend stirring every 3-5 minutes. Add the umeshu or sweet wine, stir well and let the soup simmer for another 15 minutes or until the beans are fully cooked..
- Serve with croutons or crunchy bread with a dash of olive olive and oregano (optional). Here, I have used "freselle" (made by my mother, with fennel seeds), a type of Neapolitan crunchy bread – we love it with tomatoes, tuna and oregano!.
If you find this Hearty mung bean and rainbow Swiss chard soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.