Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
A lot of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. Some foods honestly do improve your mood when you eat them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, try some of these.
If you would like to overcome depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all rich in omega-3s and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you overcome your depression.
So you see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. To make lentil and tomato curry, indian style you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Provide of lentils.
- Get of diced tomatoes.
- Take of small onion, sliced.
- You need of finely minced ginger.
- Get of finely minced garlic.
- You need of coriander seeds.
- Provide of cumin seeds.
- Take of yellow mustard seeds.
- Provide of bay leaf (optional).
- Prepare of garam masala powder.
- Get of cooking cream.
- Take of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Get of oil (I used coconut).
- Take of Salt and pepper,.
Steps to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
Gave it a sweeter flavor so added a teaspoon of curry powder tsp of garam marsala berebere spice and a half teaspoon salt. How would you rate Curried Lentil, Tomato, and Coconut Soup? So I tried this recipe because I have been into Indian food, and Thai food within the last several months, and my sodium levels are way down! Mushroom Curry Recipe, South Indian Mushroom Peas CurryVeg Recipes of India. Beef, Pumpkin and Tomato PureeBaby Recipes. tomatoes, beef, olive oil, pumpkin, chicken stock, chopped onion.
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.