Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Money.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going more green.
You may possibly prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. If you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. Many people wrongly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. You get the greatest energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Conserve even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
From the above it ought to be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty straightforward to live green, all things considered. A lot of it truly is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade strawberry shortcakes recipe. You can have homemade strawberry shortcakes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes:
- Use 1 of &1/2 cups flour.
- Provide 2 of &1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- Provide of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare pinch of salt and 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- You need 4 ounces of cold butter – cubed.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- Get 3 cups of sliced fresh strawberries.
- Provide 2 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest.
- You need of whipped cream.
Steps to make Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes:
- Preheat iven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a food processor. Add cold butter and pulse a few times. Blend in butter till you have tiny pieces of butter through the flour. Stir in milk. (You can do this is a bowl by hand if you do not have a food processor). Blend together..
- Drop dough onto prepared pan. I used a #16 scoop. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and lemon zest. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly Brown..
- Combine sliced strawberries , sugar , lemon zest and let sit at room temperature. NOTE: If you do not have any buttermilk place 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in measuring cup and add milk. Set aside..
If you find this Homemade Strawberry Shortcakes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.