Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Why don’t we begin with something really easy, changing the light bulbs. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to merely the cooking area. You should upgrade your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost a small amount more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. Coupled with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. The kitchen lights especially will often be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house at the same time. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. Mostly, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon brussel sprouts gratin recipe. To make bacon brussel sprouts gratin you need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- You need 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Take 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Provide 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Use 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- Use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Steps to make Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin:
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
Creamy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts Gratin with Bacon is cheesy, savory and perfect for your holiday meals. Tender crisp brussels sprouts are smothered in a creamy sauce and topped with cheese and crunchy bacon. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser. This splendid side dish will be a crowning fare along with Easy Green Bean Bundles, […] Trending News on Health, Diet, Nutrition, Fitness, and Food. We are committed to being your source of health guidance and health wellness Creamy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts Gratin with Bacon is tacky, savory and ideal in your vacation meals.
If you find this Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.