Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
One thing that some of you may already know is that by ingesting the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Its also wise to realize that there are foods that you’ll need to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. Because of this we are going to be going over the food items that you should be ingesting that will have a good effect on your health.
Among the first kinds of foods you should be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will find that most berries have massive amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good for your body. You will also find that berries have antioxidants which is not just beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Another thing you will see that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off many different diseases.
Following a number of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe. You can have shortcrust pastry (sweet) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shortcrust pastry (sweet):
- Get 375 g of plain flour.
- Get 260 g of unsalted butter softened.
- Provide 125 g of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
Instructions to make Shortcrust pastry (sweet):
- Put the flour and butter into a large bowl. Rub together until you get crumbs.
- Stir the sugar through the flour and butter mix. Beat the egg and add this too..
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until it starts to combine. Then use your hands to fold it all together into a ball.
- Chill the pastry for at-least 30 minutes before you use it. You can divide up and freeze in smaller quantities to use whenever you need it. It should be ok for up-to a year in the freezer..
- This pastry can be used to make a number of bakes. If you are making tarts with it then you would need to bake for around 20 minutes..
Pat and gently work together to form a ball of dough. Basic shortcrust pastry is the easiest pastry to make, it is a versatile pastry suitable for sweet or savory dishes. Sometimes a sweet shortcrust pastry is needed, especially for desserts and sweet pies as it adds extra flavor and depth. A rich shortcrust pastry recipe is similar to basic shortcrust but has an egg and sugar added to it. To bake blind – to produce a crisp tart shell ready to be filled with wet ingredients – top the pastry-lined tart tin or tins with a piece of non-stick baking paper that extends past the edge of the tin.
If you find this Shortcrust pastry (sweet) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.