Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That has fully changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are not able to transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Maybe the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. As soon as you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you could possibly look for more ways to use the microwave. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. Many people incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a lesser amount of energy than a dishwasher. Especially if you make certain the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not really that hard. A lot of it is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn / shrimps biryani (indian style) recipe. You can cook prawn / shrimps biryani (indian style) using 37 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style):
- Prepare of For Marination 500 g Prawns cleaned and de-veined.
- Use of Yogurt whisked.
- Take of Kashmiri Red Chilli powder.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- Get of Green Chillies slit.
- Use of Fried Onions.
- Use of Garam Masala powder.
- Use of Garlic Paste.
- Prepare of Ginger Paste.
- Take of Coriander powder.
- Prepare of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of Cardamom.
- You need of Cloves.
- Provide of Black peppercorns.
- Get of Mace crushed.
- Provide of Nutmeg grated.
- Provide of Oil.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Provide of Salt.
- Provide of to cook prawns.
- You need of Onion large sized, finely sliced.
- Get of Tomato large sized, sliced.
- Prepare of coriander leaves chopped.
- You need of mint leaves chopped.
- Use of rice.
- Use of for rice.
- Take of Long grain basmati rice soaked for 30 mins.
- You need of bay leaf.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- You need of Cinnamon stick.
- Use of Salt.
- Take of Oil.
- Prepare of Water as required.
- Use of for layering.
- You need of Fried onions.
- Get of generous pinch of saffron soaked in 2 tbsp water.
- Use of desi ghee.
Steps to make Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style):
- Marinating Prawn In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Add prawns, mix. Cover and allow it to marinade for 30 mins under refrigeration…
- Cooking The Prawn Heat 3 tbsps of oil in heavy bottom pan. (we will slow cook the biryani in same pot, so choose the one with tight fitting lid). Then, add sliced onions and fry until just starts picking up golden colour. Add bay leaf and sliced tomatoes and sauté on high heat for another minute..
- Then, add marinated prawns and and mix. Cook on high heat for minute and then low heat for 3 minutes. Do not add any water and do not over cook the prawns. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix..
- Boiling Rice In a large pot, add enough water. Add bay leaves, oil, lemon juice and salt. Bring it to a boil. Add rice and cook until the rice is 70% done..
- Layering The Prawn Biryani Now, top the prawns with fried onions. When the rice is 70% done, using a large colander or slotted spoon take out the rice and layer it evenly over the prawns layer. Sprinkle the melted ghee over the rice layer. Sprinkle the saffron water and cover the pot with the tight fitting lid..
- Place the pot over a high flame and cook for 5-7 minutes. Place hot tava/griddle below the pot and keep it for Dum(slow cook) for another 10-12 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the heat and leave as it is for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the lid, dish out yummy hot prawn biryani and serve with raita of your choice..
- Notes Allow the rice to soak for 30 minutes Do not use too thick or too watery yogurt. It should be just thick enough to cook the prawns without water. Marinate the prawns for 30 minutes to deepen the flavour. Use heavy bottom pot with tight fitting lid to make biryani..
This is a perfect monsoon and winter season food with wonderful coastal flavors within and aroma spreading from this hot Prawns and Shrimp pilaf. Meanwhile you can prepare basmati rice for biryani. Meanwhile, grind grated coconut and coriander leaves into a smooth paste. Looking for a fail-proof shrimp/prawns biryani recipe? This Instant Pot recipe will yield the most flavorful biryani effortlessly.
If you find this Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.