Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are terrible and are to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. A number of foods actually do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be improved by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is possible because these foods are rich in magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Nuts, in addition to raising your mood, can be a super protein source.
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian indian curry with garam masala, cauliflower and chick peas recipe. You can have vegetarian indian curry with garam masala, cauliflower and chick peas using 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas:
- Take 400 grams of cauliflower.
- Prepare 150 grams of rice.
- Prepare 1 of big red bell pepper.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Provide 1 of red onion.
- Get 1 of red chili pepper.
- Provide 30 grams of fresh ginger.
- Provide 200 grams of peeled tomatoes (can).
- Take 125 grams of chickpeas (can).
- Get 150 milliliter of coconut milk.
- Provide 1 bunch of fresh coriander.
- Provide of some Indian Garam Masala spicemix (see also my recipe).
- Take of some kurkuma, cumin and paprika powder.
- Take of some olive oil or groundnut oil.
- Prepare of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
Steps to make Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas:
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into bite sized roses then put aside.
- Peel the skin from the bell pepper with a potato peeler, cut in half, remove the inside then cut into 1/2cm stripes and put aside.
- Peel the onion, cut in half then in thin half rings and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger, cut it into 2mm thick layers and then cross-cut into fine 2mm matchsticks and put aside.
- Squash the garlic flat then cut in small pieces and put aside.
- Wash the chili pepper, remove seeds, cut fine and put aside.
- Take the chickpeas from the can, wash them and put aside.
- You can bring some water with salt to a boil for the rice, also add a decent amount of oil to a wok pan (or other frying pan).
- You can prepare the right amounts of coconut milk and tomatoes in 2 separate cups and put also aside untill needed.
- Put the wok pan on high heat, throw in the cauliflower roses as soon as the oil is hot and damping (it should sizzle when you add them) and bake them at high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium hot and add the paprika stripes and after frying for another 2 minutes add the onion rings as well.
- After another 2 minutes you can add the ginger matchsticks, keep stirring everything and also add the garlic and chili now.
- After a about 3-4 minutes lower heat a little more, the vegetables should be half done by now but still remain crispy.
- Add a good snuff of kurkuma, cumin and paprika powder and stir well before also adding 2 teaspoons of Garam Masala spices, fry this all together for a minute and smell the aromas coming out.
- Now add the cut peeled tomatoes with juice to the pan and stir.
- Add the cocunut milk and the chick peas, bring it all to a boil and let it to softly simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile prepare the rice according to instructions on package.
- Wash the fresh coriander, cut it fine and put on table for garnish.
- At the end add some salt and pepper to taste, it will need some salt to get its full flavour but it's not supposed to be salty, rather spicy, so if needed add one more teaspoon of Garam Masala.
All About Chole (Indian Chickpea Curry). For those of you that have no idea what Chole is or have If you recall, I originally developed my popular Cauliflower Tikka Masala recipe because I wanted a Also, depending on the type of garam masala, some are stronger than others and spicy, so you can. This is a favorite Indian-style vegetarian curry that is easy to make and tastes great, thanks to the plethora of spices and a variety of vegetables. Reviews for: Photos of Vegetarian Indian Cauliflower and Pea Curry. Aloo Gobi Masala (Indian Potato Cauliflower Curry)An Edible Mosaic. crushed red pepper flakes One Pot Chickpea and Cauliflower CurryGirl and The Kitchen.
If you find this Vegetarian Indian Curry with Garam Masala, Cauliflower and Chick Peas recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.