Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Basic Sweet Shortcrust Pastry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Sweet Shortcrust Pastry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
Many people do not understand that the foods you choose can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the various foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. These sorts of foods are packed with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. In this post we shall be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay in good health.
Your primary meals should also include fish such as salmon or perhaps lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. The beauty of salmon is that along with other nutrients additionally it is loaded with Omega-3. Now when you decide to have a steak for dinner one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will provide you with all the protein you’ll need for the day. So that you can reduce your fat intake you really should cut off any visible fat before you cook the meats.
By following some of the suggestions above you will notice that you’ll be living a healthier life. Also if you remove all the unhealthy food that you should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to basic sweet shortcrust pastry recipe. You can cook basic sweet shortcrust pastry using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basic Sweet Shortcrust Pastry:
- Provide 250 g of plain flour, sifted.
- Get 125 g of cold unsalted butter, diced.
- Get 100 g of pure icing sugar, sifted.
- Provide Pinch of salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or extract.
- Use 2 of egg yolks.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of milk.
Steps to make Basic Sweet Shortcrust Pastry:
- In a food processor, process flour, sugar, salt and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks, vanilla, and milk, pulse till the dough comes together..
- Without overworking the dough, form dough into a ball and place in a clean bowl, then wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes to rest..
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin and line base with baking paper.
- Place pastry on a lightly floured work surface or between two parchment papers. Using a lightly dusted rolling pin, start to evenly flatten roll dough, keeping it as round and neat as possible around the edges making an indent in dough at quarter turns. With even pressure, turn and lift pastry in a clockwise direction, rolling to a thickness of approximately 3mm..
- Carefully line the tart tin with the pastry, and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- Blind bake the pastry for 15 mins, remove the baking beans from the tart and bake for a further 10 mins. Remove tart from oven, allow to cool completely before filling..
And it can be made-ahead and frozen for a few months. Shortcrust pastry is a type of pastry often used for the base of a tart, quiche or pie. Shortcrust pastry can be used to make both sweet and savory pies such as apple pie, quiche, lemon meringue or chicken pie. Shortcrust pastry recipes usually call for twice as much flour as fat by weight. Suitable for freezing before or after baking.
If you find this Basic Sweet Shortcrust Pastry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.