Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Chilli Con Pasties recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chilli Con Pasties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chilli Con Pasties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. One of the foods you should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food place. You will notice that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the negative effects can be very bad. You will be happy to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be consuming every day.
Even though some of you enjoy having your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the chips try getting some nuts. You will come to discover that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have much more than others. Your system will use these kinds of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones that your body requires to stay healthy. The first thing you may not comprehend is that a variety of hormones that you need will only be able to be developed when you have these fatty acids.
By following some of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you cut out all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chilli con pasties recipe. You can cook chilli con pasties using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chilli Con Pasties:
- Provide of For the pastry.
- Take of strong plain flour.
- Get of salt.
- You need of vegetable shortening (Trex® or other).
- Take of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Use of cold water.
- Provide of For the chilli.
- Take of vegetable oil for frying.
- Take of lean beef mince.
- Take of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need of red pointed sweet peppers, finely chopped.
- Get of garlic, finely chopped.
- Get of tin red kidney beans, undrained.
- Take of sweetcorn.
- Use of baby plum tomatoes, cut in half.
- Provide of chilli powder, strength and amount to taste.
- Provide of dark chocolate (70% cocoa).
- Use of salt and pepper to season.
- Use of creme fraiche.
- Use of grated Cheddar cheese.
- Provide of egg, beaten, for the glaze.
Steps to make Chilli Con Pasties:
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the salt and stir it in. Add the shortening & butter and rub both into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the middle and add the water. Incorporate the flour and stir until it starts to form a ball. Get your hands in (it’s gonna get messy) and then remove to a lightly floured surface & start to knead. You need to knead until elastic..
- This is to ensure it can hold the filling and keep a good shape. It might take a while but stick with it. Once this is done, wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge for around 2 to 3 hours..
- In a large pan heat the oil on low heat. Add the mince and onions and gently heat this through to brown the mince off and soften the onions. Add the peppers and garlic and let those soften up a bit, about 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add the kidney beans, sweetcorn and tomatoes and, again, let those cook down. Give it about 5 minutes. We just want to let those tomatoes start to soften and begin to break down a bit. Sprinkle over the chilli powder and give it all a good stir through. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and then break up the chocolate and add it into the pot. This will melt into the chilli. Give it a good stir so that it combines in with the other ingredients well..
- Season everything with salt and pepper. Keep it on a low heat and just let it simmer away, giving it a stir now and then. You want the peppers to have softened nicely, the tomatoes to have broken down completely and all the juices from the different elements to have combined to get the flavours just right..
- Pre-heat your oven to 170 C / Gas 3-4. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out your pastry to about 3mm thickness. You can use a side plate as a rough guide for size (around a 20cm circle for each pasty). Put a good dollop of the chilli across the centre of the circle. Leave enough room to fold over the pastry to cover it and form the pasty. Next, put 1 to 2 teaspoons creme fraiche on top of the chilli and sprinkle some Cheddar cheese over it (optional)..
- With some cold water wet half of the edge of one half of the pastry and fold over the other half. Gently press it down so that it seals and then “crimp” the pasty..
- Put each pasty on the baking tray, leaving a space of about 5cm between each one, and brush over with beaten egg..
- Pop in the oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Once baked either put on a wire rack to cool and eat cold or serve hot – your choice..
- These can be frozen or they can be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days..
Na jaře vyseté, přes léto opečovávané, na podzim sklízené a do skleniček stočené. Představujeme unikátní produkty, superpálivé chilli pasty z papriček, které si umíme sami vypěstovat. These are incredibly meaty for meat-free pies. Chilli and fennel seed pork pie. Ideal for entertaining families with kids, this easy classic chilli dish is quick, hassle-free and great to have in the freezer.
If you find this Chilli Con Pasties recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.