Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Water is the best beverage out there. Soda and coffee, when consumed in small amounts, aren’t that bad. Using them for your only source of hydration, however, is dumb. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to resort to terrible tasting diet food. Water is typically one of the keys to really reducing your weight and leading a healthful lifestyle.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baingan ka bharta – pakistani baba ganoush recipe. You can have baingan ka bharta – pakistani baba ganoush using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush:
- Use 250 grams of Aubergine Roasted (Baingan) – (without skin – see the photos.).
- You need 4 tbsps of Oil -.
- Prepare 1 cup of Tomatoes – finely chopped.
- Take 1 cup of Onions – finely chopped.
- Use 1 of chilies Green – medium chopped (mild).
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin seeds – (lightly crushed in a pestle mortar).
- Take 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds (Methi danay) –.
- Use 2 of chilies Dried red – whole -.
- Take ½ tsp of chili powder Red –.
- Take ½ tsp of Cumin Powder –.
- Use ¼ tsp of Turmeric –.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt – (adjust later if needed).
- You need ½ of Lemon lemon – Juice for (optional).
Steps to make Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush:
- Roast the whole aubergines in an oven for 45 mins at 180 degrees. Put them in water for 5 mins while hot. It will loosen the skin and make the flesh easily removable from the skin. Open the aubergine with your hand & scrap the pulp with a spoon. See the photos. Any Turkish grocer will have roasted aubergines sold in a bottle. You can use those as well..
- In a pan heat the oil. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds,whole red chilies and cook for about a minute on medium to high heat. Let them crackle..
- Add chopped onions and saute for another minute. Do not brown them..
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-5 mins. Add a splash of water to loosen the tomatoes..
- Add salt, chili powder and cumin powder. Cook for a minute more. Don’t let it burn..
- Add the roasted (mashed) aubergines. Mix and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes..
- Now reduce the heat to low, add half of chopped chilies and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 20 mins..
- Once the oil comes out on the sides in the pan, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and chopped chilies. Serve hot. You can add a bit of lemon juice on the top if you like..
Baingan Bharta is basically fire roasted eggplant mash cooked with spices. In a way it tasted a lot like baba ganoush minus the tahini and olive oil. It used to be favorite until I was introduced to this Punjabi version. Hey, i have tried baingan ka bartha with cooked basmati rice and it was amazing. Baingan bharta (mashed eggplant) is a dish from the Indian subcontinent.
If you find this Baingan ka Bharta – Pakistani baba ganoush recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.