Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Climb stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work instead of using the elevator. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a excellent way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the top floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a few times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes recipe. To cook mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes you need 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- You need of ● For The Meat.
- Get 2-2 of " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece].
- Get of ● For The Brine.
- Use 3 Cups of Water.
- You need 4 Cups of Ice.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Kosher Salt.
- Provide 6 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- Take 1 tbsp of Whole Pepper Corns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Take 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Use of ● For The Seasonings.
- Prepare to taste of Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Take to taste of Onion Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of ● For The Sides.
- Prepare as needed of Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
- Take as needed of Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings].
- Take as needed of Fresh Baked French Bread.
- Use as needed of Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter.
Instructions to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Two – 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed..
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved..
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely…
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°..
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature..
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat..
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat..
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes..
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops..
- Once at 140° – pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested..
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns..
If you find this Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.