[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream. I've been on a mission to create creamy, rich vegan chocolate ice cream, and it almost stumped me. My first attempt lacked depth of dark. Adapted from Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream.
A lot of vegan ice creams you see out there will either use arrowroot, cornstarch or tapioca — cornstarch is just what I had on hand. Churn the mixture in your ice cream machine following the manufacturer's instructions. Add the chopped almonds and chocolate chunks at the very end. You can have [Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream
- Prepare 2 (14 oz) of cans full fat Coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plus 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder, sifted (unsweetened cocoa powder is fine too).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch.
- It’s 3/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 6 tablespoon of creamy almond butter, unsalted (or any creamy unsalted nut butter).
I am doing a good job so far because I can't get enough of this Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. I churned up a batch and have been eating it nonstop! To make this delicious vegan chocolate ice cream, you simply add coconut milk, coconut cream, cocoa, sugar and golden or maple syrup to a pot and bring it to a simmer stirring regularly. When it reaches a simmer, you remove from the heat, and add in a little vanilla and some vegan dark.
[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream step by step
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk with the cacao powder, tapioca, and maple syrup. Heat the mixture over medium heat and cook while stirring with the whisk for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture just begins to bubble. Remove from heat, then whisk in the almond butter, vanilla and sea salt until fully combined and smooth..
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes, stirring. A film might begin to form on top – this is normal, simply whisk to blend it away..
- Transfer the mixture to a medium loaf pan (I used an 8.5 x 4.5} and cover the top with plastic wrap so the plastic is in full contact with the mixture. wrap again tightly with aluminum foil and place in the freezer, freeze 6 hours or overnight..
- As with most homemade no-churn ice creams, once fully frozen, you will need to allow it to thaw on the countertop for 15-30 minutes prior to scooping..
Chocolate ice cream made with sweet potatoes is where it's at, folks. Well, it gives body to the ice cream texture, yet you don't taste it. The absolute most delicious Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream that you will make that rivals dairy ice cream. The combo of sweet potatoes, coconut milk. Ice cream seemed like a logical next step, don't you think?