Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Enchilada Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Enchilada Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the different foods that you will find at all of those take out places. You will recognize that the nutrition in these types of is non existent and the negative effects will be really bad. For this reason we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be consuming that will have a positive effect on your health.
Although some of you like to have your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to find that these snack items are loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have much more than others. Your body will use these types of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones which your body demands to stay healthy. Unless you get the fatty acids you’ll need your body will actually not be able to create a few of the hormones that it needs.
For people who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. The pre packaged processed foods that you can find in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to enchilada casserole recipe. To cook enchilada casserole you need 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Enchilada Casserole:
- You need 9 of Corn Tortillas.
- Use 10 oz of can, Enchilada Sauce.
- Get 1 of Onion, chopped.
- Take 1 of Green Bell Pepper, chopped.
- Get 2 of Zucchini, sliced small.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Cumin, ground.
- Use 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper, or more to taste.
- You need 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 1 can of Green Chili, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 15 oz of can, Black and/or Pinto Beans.
- Use 1 box of Spinach, frozen and thawed or fresh chopped.
- Take 1 of Bag of Cheese, shredded.
- Take 1 can of Black Olives, sliced.
Instructions to make Enchilada Casserole:
- Note: You can use any vegetables you have on hand. I'd recommend keeping the onion and bell pepper though..
- Saute the onion and bell pepper in large pan. Add the zucchini and saute for another 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add all seasoning and oregano. Stir for one minute..
- Rinse beans..
- Add green chili, cilantro and beans. Stir and cook for 5 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- To large casserole dish, pour 1/2 cup sauce and spread to cover bottom of dish. Add tortillas to cover bottom of dish..
- Pour bean and vegetable mixture from pan over tortillas. Spread evenly with a spoon..
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top.
- Wrap thawed frozen spinach in three layers of paper towel and squeeze all liquid out of spinach..
- Add spinach on top of bean and vegetable mixture. If using thawed spinach, tear apart with hands and layer on top. If using fresh, sprinkle on top..
- Layer tortillas on top covering spinach..
- Pour enchilada sauce on top. Spread sauce to completely cover tortillas..
- Cover dish with foil tenting foil to try and keep the foil from touching the sauce..
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil. Cover with remaining amount of cheese. Sprinkle on olives and cilantro (optional)..
- Raise oven temperature to 400° and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is lightly brown..
- Let casserole rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Recommended step..
If you find this Enchilada Casserole recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.