Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we must stay away from them. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods actually do raise your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional boost, test out a few of these.
Make a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all fantastic for helping to raise your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which boosts serotonin production. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more serotonin you have, the better you will feel. Not just that, nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein source.
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced sweet potato soup recipe. You can cook spiced sweet potato soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced Sweet Potato Soup:
- Take of sweet potatoes or yams (about 2 large ones. I used the purple skinned Japanese yams).
- Prepare of onion.
- Use of butter or olive oil.
- Take of vegetable or other broth (I use kombu broth).
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon, more to taste.
- Take of ground nutmeg, more to taste.
- Use of milk (optional).
Instructions to make Spiced Sweet Potato Soup:
- Scrub the sweet potato to remove any dirt. Peel skin if you like and cut into cubes (I used purple skinned Japanese sweet potatoes so left the skin on because I like the color and flavor). Slice the onion thin..
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a medium pot. Add the onions and saute on medium low until soft and translucent..
- Add the sweet potatoes, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir for a minute to coat in oil and distribute the spices..
- Pour in enough broth to just cover everything. Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer with the lid on for about 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft..
- After the sweet potatoes are soft, blend the soup with a stick blender or mixer of some sort until smooth and thick. If it's too thick, add a little more broth – or – to make it a little creamier add 100 to 200 ml milk and mix well..
- Adjust taste with salt, and more spices if you like. Serve in bowls and garnish with another dash of cinnamon, or thick yogurt, or cream..
If you find this Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.