Gujiya….. dry fruits potli.
You can have Gujiya….. dry fruits potli using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gujiya….. dry fruits potli
- Prepare of For stuffing.
- It’s 400 gm of -Mawa (khoya) -.
- Prepare 100 gm of Semolina -.
- Prepare 2 table spoon of Ghee -.
- You need 400 gm of Sugar -.
- You need 100 gm of Cashew Nuts -.
- You need 50 gm of Raisin –.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Dried figs chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Seedless dates chopped.
- Prepare 7-8 of Small Cardamom -.
- You need 100 gm of Dry coconut -.
- Prepare of For gujiya dough-.
- Prepare 500 gm of White flour -.
- It’s 50 gm of Milk or Curd -.
- You need 125 gm of Ghee -.
Gujiya….. dry fruits potli instructions
- For the pastry, sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the ghee with your fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add one-fourth cup and one tablespoon of cold water and knead into a stiff dough. Cover with piece of damp muslin and set aside for fifteen minutes..
- For the filling, heat a non-stick pan; add the khoya and sauté for three minutes or till the fat separates. Set aside to cool..
- Add the figs, dates, cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts, and mix well. Divide into twelve equal portions..
- Divide the dough into twelve equal portions and shape into balls. Roll out each ball into a puri..
- Place one portion of the stuffing on one half of the puri, lightly moisten the edges, fold the other half over the stuffing and press the edges to seal. Pinch the edges to make a design..
- Step 5 Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick kadai; gently slide in a few gujiya at a time, and deep-fry for five to six minutes or till golden brown..
- Step 6 Drain on absorbent paper and store in an airtight container when completely cold..