Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Apple-Pecan Upside-Down Cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Apple-Pecan Upside-Down Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple-Pecan Upside-Down Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Water is the best beverage out there. Soda and coffee, when ingested in moderation, aren’t that bad. Getting most of your hydration from them is a awful idea. Ingesting water instead of other forms of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat terrible diet foods. Successful weight loss efforts often depend solely on water intake.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to apple-pecan upside-down cake recipe. You can have apple-pecan upside-down cake using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Apple-Pecan Upside-Down Cake:
- Prepare 100 g of Pecans,.
- Get 142 g of Unsalted Butter Softened,.
- You need 3-4 of Red Apples Preferably Gala or Honeycrisp,.
- You need 3 TBSP of Calvados or Any Apple Brandy,.
- Take 100 g of Light Muscovado Sugar,.
- Use 128 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Use 1 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need 1 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Baking Powder,.
- Use 1/4 TSP of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Take 1.5 TSP of Cinnamon Powder,.
- Get 50 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Use 2 of Eggs,.
- Provide 125 g of Greek Yogurt,.
Instructions to make Apple-Pecan Upside-Down Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. In a skillet over medium heat, add pecans. Toast the pecans until aromatic. Remove from heat and transfer into a mortar..
- Using a pestle, pound the pecans into fine coarse bits. Transfer into a large bowl and set aside. In the same skillet, without any heat, add in 30g of butter. The butter will start to melt as you are preparing the apples..
- Peel and core the apples. *I didn't follow what Claire did. She used a melon baller to core out the seeds and stems. I, however, used an apple corer. You of cos, can choose whichever method as desired.* Slice the apples into halves. Place them immediately, cut side down on the skillet. *The apples will oxidize fast, especially on the cored and cut sides. Do it this way will slow down the oxidization.*.
- You may need 3 or 4 apples, depending on the size of your apples and skillet. Once all the apples are prepped, turn the heat up to medium. Cook until the bottom is golden brown. *You may have to rotate the skillet to allow even browning.*.
- Once bottom is golden brown, flip. Add in 2 TBSP of calvados and let it flambe. *Be very careful will doing this.* Once bottom is lightly browned, remove from heat and set side on a plate lined with kitchen paper or wire cooling rack, cut side up..
- Retain any leftover liquid in the skillet. With that same skillet over medium heat, add in 50g of light muscovado sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Cook until the sugar caramelized..
- Remove from heat and set aside. Add flour, salt, baking soda and powder into the same bowl as the pecans. Mix to combine well. Set aside..
- In another large bowl, add the remaining butter, light muscovado sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and demerara sugar. Cream butter until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer. Add in eggs and the remaining 1 TBSP of calvados..
- Continue whisking until well combine. Continue whisking, alternating between the pecan mixture and yogurt, 1/3 portion at a time, into the butter mixture until everything is fully incorporated. Lay the apples in the skillet with the cooled caramel, cut side down..
- Spoon the batter over the apples, making sure all the nooks and crannies in between each apples are filled with the batter. Smooth the top surface with an offset spatula. *If your cast iron skillet comes with non-metal handle, wrap the handle with aluminium foil.*.
- Wack into the oven and bake for 30 to 40 mins or until the top is evenly browned and the center springs back when gently pressed. Set aside to cool slightly, about 10 mins. Run along the edges with a sharp knife or an offset spatula..
- Place a larger serving plate over the skillet. Confidently, flip and unmold the cake. If there are any apples that are stuck on the skillet, remove and pop it back into the cake. If there is any leftover caramel that is also stuck on the skillet, add a splash of water and turn the heat up to medium..
- Swirl to dissolve the harden caramel. Pour the caramel over the cake. Slice and enjoy. The cake can be kept at room temperature, wrapped tightly with parchment paper, for up to 2 days..
If you find this Apple-Pecan Upside-Down Cake recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.