Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods actually do improve your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Make a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all great for helping to boost your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein food source.
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked cod over sweet potato mash recipe. To make baked cod over sweet potato mash you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash:
- Provide of Cod (preferably filleted).
- Take of Black Olives – pitted.
- Get of White Wine (preferably dry).
- Take of onion, chopped.
- Take of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- Provide of lemon, zested and juiced.
- Get of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of sweet potatoes.
- Take of long green beans.
- You need of sesame seeds.
- Use of fresh basil leaves.
Steps to make Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degress. Chop onion, mince garlic, chop tomatoes. Cut the tops and bottoms of the long green beans..
- Peel and chop up sweet potato. Place in a large pot, cover with water, add salt and boil. Cook until soft (about 45 mins)..
- In a small skillet saute onion until translucent and add garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrent (2 mins). Add the tomato and some basil leaves. Stir and turn heat down. Let cook for 10 mins..
- Heat a wok or skillet and add a tbsp of oil. When oil is heated, add the garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add the long green beans and the sesame seeds. Cook for about 40 minutes until crispy and cooked..
- Place the cod in a large baking dish. Add the wine. Add the olives. Add the tomatoes and some of the onions around the cod. Add the lemon juice and the zest. Add salt and pepper and the rest if the basil leaves. Cook for 20 minutes until the fish is flaky..
- While the fish is cooking, drain the sweet potatoes and mash them. Add fresh parsely, garlic, salt and pepper and a dash of ginger. Keep mashing the potatoes until smooth..
- On a plate place a some mashed sweet potato. Place some cod over the sweet potato with olives and tomatoes. Add some long green beans on top. Serve..
If you find this Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.