Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthful.
Go up the stairs. Instead of picking the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a super high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors earlier and walk the rest of the way? Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the added boost that your system needs.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your health levels. You need to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's green chile stew recipe. You can have mike's green chile stew using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Green Chile Stew:
- Provide of Green Chili Stew.
- Provide of Lean Hamburger Meat (or pork, beef or chicken).
- Get of Bucket Frozen Hatch Green Chile (die hards put in 2+ lbs).
- Prepare of Beef Broth.
- Prepare of Celery Stalks With Leaves (diced).
- Provide of Garlic Bulb (finely minced).
- Use of Fresh Parsley (chopoed).
- Prepare of Green Tomatoes (crushed).
- Prepare of Fresh Tomato (diced or 1 can Rotell).
- Take of Fresh Jalapeños (finely diced).
- Prepare of Onions (diced).
- Use of Bunch Cilantro (chopped. reserve 1 handful for end of simmer).
- You need of Cayenne Pepper.
- Provide of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Get of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Get of Dried Basil.
- Get of Black Pepper.
- You need of Onion Powder.
- Get of Mexican Oregano [or less since this spice has a powerful taste].
- Use of Bay Leaf.
- Provide of Idaho Potatoes (diced).
- Take of Roasted, Peeled And De-Seeded Hatch Green Chili's.
- Provide of Fresh Flour Tortillas.
Steps to make Mike's Green Chile Stew:
- In a large pot, add everything except for the 8 Roasted Hatch Peppers, Potatoes and Hamburger. Boil for approximately 45 minutes. You may not need all 3 boxes of beef broth..
- Fry hamburger meat in a separate pan. Leave hamburger in larger chunks. Drain if necessary. Place in pot with vegetables..
- Once vegetables are getting semi soft, add diced potatoes..
- Boil an additional 30 minutes..
- In the last 15 minutes of simmering, add your 8 Roasted Hatch Green Chili's (peeled and de-seeded) and your remaining Cilantro to the simmering pot..
- Some of the flavors in your spices can deplete with long simmer times. With this, I taste test to see if I need more Cumin or Italian Seasoning just prior to serving. I also add Garlic and Onion Powder as well but that's totally up to you. ;0).
- Since you're using green tomatoes, your stew may taste too acidic. Instead of adding sugar to remedy the acid, add 1/4 tsp Baking Soda to your boiling pot and mix in. Be careful since the sodas reaction will cause your stew to foam up and possibly over momentarily if pot is filled too high. Repeat 1/4 tsp at a time until you're pleased with the acidity level. A general rule of thumb is 1/4 tsp Baking Soda per every 6 Tomatillos or Red Tomatoes..
- Serve hot with warm flour Tortillas. The Tortillas are meant to tear and dip into your stew..
- Authors Note: This recipe containing hamburger meat is the cheapest version of this dish and it's quite common for larger families with compromised incomes here in New Mexico. You can make this stew with pork shoulder 1" cubes or sirloin cuts. Even chicken is an option. However, if you do choose pork or beef cuts, your stew will require at least 2 hours simmer time. You will also want to lightly season flour your meat with the spices already listed above and brown it with your garlic and onions. Then place them in your broth and additions..
- If you're interested in purchasing Hatch Green Chile's, Google, "Hatch, NM Green or Red Chile's for sale.".
If you find this Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.