Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Traditional Fruit Cake With Homemade Citrus Peel recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Traditional Fruit Cake With Homemade Citrus Peel recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Many of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are bad and are to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be really healthy and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, could better your mood. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Eggs, you might be astonished to learn, are great at combating depression. Just be sure that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to raise your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Try eating an egg and jolly up!
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to traditional fruit cake with homemade citrus peel recipe. You can have traditional fruit cake with homemade citrus peel using 18 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Traditional Fruit Cake With Homemade Citrus Peel:
- You need of citrus peel:.
- Prepare of Oranges.
- Use of Lemons.
- Get of sugar.
- You need of water.
- Take of the cake:.
- Get of unsalted butter (at room temperature).
- Take of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- Use of without shells (at room temperature).
- Get of alcohol (Grand Marnier, brandy, sherry, rum, etc.) plus you'll need extra for brushing the cake.
- Use of large orange Juice and zest (outer orange skin).
- Take of lemon Zest (outer yellow skin).
- You need of almonds, walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts (coarsely chopped).
- Provide of of an assortment of dried fruit & nuts (chopped into tiny pieces).
- Provide of all-purpose flour.
- Use of almond flour (finely ground almonds).
- You need of baking powder.
- Get of salt (only if using unsalted butter).
Instructions to make Traditional Fruit Cake With Homemade Citrus Peel:
- (A) Citrus Peel Recipe Credit: Martha Stewart.
- With a sharp paring knife, slice off ends of the oranges & lemons. Following the curve of the fruit, cut away the outermost peel, leaving most of the white pith on fruit. Slice peel lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips..
- In a medium pot of boiling water, cook peel until tender, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer peel to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet; spread in a single layer to dry slightly, about 15 minutes..
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the peel and boil until it turns translucent and syrup thickens, 20-30 minutes. With the help of a slotted spoon, transfer peel to wire rack, separating the pieces as needed..
- Let the peel dry for an hour. Use as required..
- (B) Easy Recipe: Fruit Cake Recipe Credit: Joy Of Baking.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C)..
- Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, an 8 inch (20 cm) spring form pan with a removable bottom..
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Also line the sides of the pan with a strip of parchment paper that extends about 2 inches (5 cm) above the rim of the pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, ground almonds, salt, and baking powder. In another large bowl place the dried and candied fruits, along with the chopped nuts..
- Remove about 3-4 tablespoons of the flour mixture and add it to the fruits & nuts mixture, tossing well to coat all the fruits and nuts..
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until creamy..
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and bottom of your bowl as needed..
- Add the alcohol, orange juice, orange zest and lemon zest..
- Then fold in the chopped nuts and all the dried and candied fruits. Then fold in the flour mixture..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake. Place the spring form pan on a larger baking sheet. Bake in your preheated oven for 1 hour..
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and continue to bake the cake for about 80-90 minutes or until a long skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs..
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Then, with a skewer, poke holes in the top surface of the cake and liberally brush with alcohol (brandy, Grand Marnier, sherry, rum or whiskey)..
- Wrap the cake thoroughly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and place in a cake tin or an airtight container. Store in a cool dry place. (If you live in a warm climate I find it best to store the cake in the refrigerator.) Brush the cake periodically (once or twice a week for about two to three weeks) with alcohol. This cake will keep several weeks or it can be frozen too..
If you find this Traditional Fruit Cake With Homemade Citrus Peel recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.