Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist. A grandmother is fondly remembered as having a flair for baking biscuits and cakes – especially this cinnamon "Although I was very young, I still remember her. She was a no-nonsense lady with a sharp tongue and a fiery temper. We children knew to be on.
This delicious Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is a keeper! · These cinnamon roll balls have a crunchy coating of cinnamon and sugar on the outside with a melty surprise inside! Everyone loves a classic Victoria sponge cake, traditionally filled with strawberry or raspberry jam and whipped double cream or buttercream, but sometimes we like to give the classic Vicky sponge a bit of a makeover. You can discard the egg yolks or use them for something else – perhaps a yummy. You can cook Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist
- Prepare 75 grams of butter or margarine.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 200 ml of caster/granulated/refined sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 300 ml of regular flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of melted butter for the pan.
- It’s 1 of flour or fine breadcrumbs for the pan.
This is where it all begins: what I am aiming to do here is get you started on cake making. Once you have mastered the art of the classic sponge cake you can then move on to all the variations and never look back. The best bit is that from now on you are going to know just how. Delia shows you how to bake a perfect sponge cake with a creamy passion fruit filling.
Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist instructions
- Melt the butter or margarine and let it cool..
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar until it is white and super airy..
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon..
- Add the milk and the butter, and whisk together..
- Pour the batter into a pan or baking form that you have brushed with melted butter and then coated in flour or fine breadcrumbs for baking..
- Bake in the oven at 175°F celsius/350F for 25-35 minutes. A knife or a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake should come out completely dry..
To remove the excess flour I cover my counter with a piece of wax paper. Turn the pan upside down and gently tap the pan on the counter and flour falls onto the wax paper. Sponge cakes are not only delicious, they can also be beautiful. How much they allow us to do with them and how much we enjoy it. Taking advantage of the fact that I also have these wood pans at home, I prepared this almond, apple and cinnamon sponge cake.