Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Homemade Lime Rum Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Lime Rum Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Lime Rum Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that basically can raise your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be elevated by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more serotonin in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Nuts, along with elevating your mood, can be a super protein source.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade lime rum cake recipe. You can cook homemade lime rum cake using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Lime Rum Cake:
- Provide of Cake.
- Provide of all-purpose flour.
- Take of sugar.
- Use of instant vanilla pudding.
- Get of baking powder.
- Take of kosher salt.
- You need of unsalted butter softened.
- Prepare of canola oil.
- Use of milk room temp.
- You need of eggs.
- Take of rum (I used bacardi lime).
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Get of lime juice.
- Take of Cooking spray.
- You need of Rum soak.
- Use of unsalted butter.
- You need of sugar.
- Take of water.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Take of rum.
- Use of vanilla extract.
- Use of lime juice.
- You need of Glaze.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- Use of lime juice.
Steps to make Homemade Lime Rum Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325°; Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- For the CAKE: In a bowl mix flour, sugar, pudding, baking powder, salt, butter, and canola oil until batter has a sand consistency; Add in milk and eggs until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into bundt pan; Smooth top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes; Then let cake cool slightly.
- For RUM SOAK: Combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and rum in a sauce pan; Bring to a boil over high heat; Reduce heat to low and simmer until it is slightly thickened.
- Transfer syrup into bowl and add vanilla and lime juice.
- With a skewer poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour syrup all over the cake small amounts at a time allowing the syrup to soak in between pours.
- Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake sit for AT LEAST 8 HOURS; Transfer onto cake plate.
- For LIME GLAZE: Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake.
Lightly prick the top of the baked cake with a skewer. Homemade Rum Cake This Homemade Rum Cake is made completely from scratch, incredibly buttery, soft, light, and packed with rum flavor. This cake is also topped with an easy rum glaze that keeps it moist for days! This delicious lime cake is moist, zesty and utterly scrumptious. Flavoured with lime juice, lime zest and rum, it also features a lime and rum drizzle.
If you find this Homemade Lime Rum Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.