Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Best Victorian Tea Cakes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Best Victorian Tea Cakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Best Victorian Tea Cakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Consider the stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. This isn’t as easy to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, using the stairs is a great way to get some extra exercise. Even if you do live or work on one of the top floors, you can still get out of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. So many people choose the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to best victorian tea cakes recipe. To make best victorian tea cakes you only need 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Best Victorian Tea Cakes:
- You need 3/4 Cup of shortening (Crisco Butter Flavor is great!!).
- Take 1 Cup of sugar.
- Get 1 of large egg.
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract.
- You need 2 1/4 C of flour.
- Use 1/2 C of buttermilk (will describe how to make your own below, super easy).
- Prepare of Buttermilk.
- Provide 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of white vinegar.
- Take of Optional Glaze.
- You need 3 C of confectioners sugar.
- Get 3 tablespoons of (and maybe a touch more) milk..you want a loose but not watery mixture.
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon extract.
Steps to make Best Victorian Tea Cakes:
- Buttermilk: For this recipe, use 1/2 C of either 2% or whole milk and add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar..stir well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth, beat in the egg.
- At this point it's better to add the spices so they mix well…so add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, vanilla and lemon extract and mix well.
- Now add half the buttermilk, mix in, then add the remaining buttermilk.
- Now mix in the flour 1 cup at a time for a smooth dough…the dough will be light and fluffy.
- Using the scoop, place the cakes 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet (dough will spread).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a rack or plate to cool completely.
- Let the cakes cool to touch before glazing -also glazing is optional, these are great without the glaze too!.
- Enjoy! ❤️❤️.
If you find this Best Victorian Tea Cakes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.