Pound cake. Pound cake is a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Pound cakes are generally baked in either a loaf pan or a Bundt mold. See how to make pound cake from scratch the easy way.
When butter, flour, and sugar combine, crowd-pleasing desserts follow. Pound Cakes are so named because originally they were made with one pound of butter, one pound of sugar, one pound of eggs, and one pound of flour. In France, a Pound Cake goes by the name. You can have Pound cake using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pound cake
- You need 1 cup of room temperature butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Yogurt/sour cream.
- It’s 11/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
Pound Cake is one of those old fashioned cake recipes that will always have place on my dessert table. See more ideas about pound cake recipes, sara lee pound cake, pound cake. Chef up these delicious Sara Lee Pound Cake recipes for brunch. Pound cake is the best friend of the dessert world.
Pound cake instructions
- Put the butter in a bowl and use electric mixture to mix until fluffy then put sugar and mix.
- Then put 4 eggs in the batter one by one then put the yogurt/sour cream in the mixture and mix.
- Then in another bowl put 11/2 cup of flour and baking powder then slowly put the flour mixture in the batter and mix all the ingredients well.
- Put it in a pan and bake it for 40 mins.
It can be dressed up with whipped cream and berries, slathered with butter and placed on a grill, or simply sliced and enjoyed alongside. Pound cake is a hard cake not to love. Moist, tender, and rich, every bite is dense and decadent. Since a successful pound cake needs to be neither airy nor delicate, it's hard to mess up the batter. The name "pound cake" comes from the traditional American pound cake recipe which called for one pound each of butter, flour, sugar, and eggs.