Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going a lot more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not working as effectively as they should. You can easily save up to 60% on energy whenever you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. The correct temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving energy and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F as well as 0F. You can easily cut down how often the motor has to run by routinely cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Efficient living is something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Typically, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli & asparagus soup recipe. You can cook broccoli & asparagus soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Provide of rd a head of broccoli florets,.
- You need of The large stalk from a head of broccoli,.
- Provide of boiled water (filtered if possible),.
- You need of spears of asparagus, very ends trimmed off,.
- Provide of milk or dairy free alternative, (I used almond milk),.
- Take of Vegetable stock cube,.
- Get of olive oil,.
- Take of an onion chopped finely,.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper to season.
- Prepare of To serve:.
- Get of crispy fried bacon (optional).
- Use of crème fraiche or fat free quark,.
- Take of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,.
- Take of Fresh parsley leaves,.
- Provide of Salt and ground black pepper to season.
- You need of Equipment Needed:.
- Provide of hand blender / blender.
Instructions to make Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water and stir through to dissolve. Add to a saucepan over a high heat and then place in all of the broccoli stalks. Bring to a boil and cook for around 7 minutes. Next add in the florets and continue to boil..
- In a frying pan, add in the olive oil and once hot sear the asparagus and the chopped onion until it gets a bit of colour and the asparagus is slightly charred. Remove from the heat. Remove the asparagus, chop it up into smaller pieces and add it in with the broccoli. Set aside the onions for the time being..
- Boil the broccoli until the stalks are nice and soft and the water has reduced down by about half. Season well with salt and a pinch of white pepper to taste..
- Add the cooked onions in with the broccoli and asparagus. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes..
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, blend until nice and smooth and no large lumps remain. Add in half the milk and blend again until a smoother texture is achieved. Add the remaining milk, blend one final time until velvety smooth..
- For the garnish I like to fry up some bacon until crispy, then sprinkle on top with some crème fraiche or fat free quark, and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil then a few sprigs of fresh parsley leaves. Then a final grind of black pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!.
Broccoli and Beyond Botanical name: Brassica oleracea var. italica. Do you still make the same face you did as a child when presented with a plate of broccoli? Find here details of companies selling Broccoli, for your purchase requirements. Get latest info on Broccoli, suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers, traders, wholesale suppliers with Broccoli prices for. Order now and get them delivered at your doorstep.
If you find this Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.