Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. According to the specialists, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These kinds of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
A lot of electrical power is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. You can certainly save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to work less often, will also save electricity.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not that tough. It’s concerning being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spanish mackerel curry recipe. You can have spanish mackerel curry using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Prepare of A. Ingredients.
- Prepare of Spanish Mackerel – fried.
- Provide of (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying).
- Take of ladies fingers / okra.
- Prepare of egg plant – thickly sliced.
- Prepare of B. Spices.
- Get of cooking oil.
- Provide of mixed Indian spices (see Note).
- Get of C. Blend into a very fine paste.
- Get of medium or big brown onion.
- Get of shallots.
- Use of garlic.
- You need of soaked & softened dried chillies.
- Provide of D. Make into a paste.
- Take of Baba’s Fish Curry Powder.
- Get of Baba’s Meat Curry Powder.
- Prepare of E. Seasonings.
- Use of Chicken seasoning powder.
- Use of Note.
- Prepare of . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store.
- Use of . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry.
Steps to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A – Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant..
- B – Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice..
- C – Place ingredients in C with 1/4 C – 1/3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste..
- D – Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin..
- Cooking the curry – Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds..
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent..
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture..
- Pour 1 1/2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti..
If you find this Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.