Creamy Broccoli Soup. Larger pieces of broccoli really make this soup exceptional. If you use a blender or mixer, you'll have a bowl of Followed it to a T and it was more of an overly gritty texture of broccoli then a creamy soup. My easy Broccoli Soup is a simple Cream of Broccoli Soup that's thick and creamy with an extra hit of flavour from cheddar cheese!
I love this homemade broccoli cheddar soup for many reasons. Panera Broccoli cheddar soup copycat recipe. This creamy broccoli soup recipe is not only delicious, but it's full of healthy fats from coconut oil and coconut milk, along with fiber and antioxidants from broccoli and other greens. You can cook Creamy Broccoli Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Broccoli Soup
- You need 500 gms of broccoli (cleaned and cut into florets).
- It’s 5-6 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour (maida).
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 3/4th tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 3/4th tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 3/4 th tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1 of small tomato.
- It’s 1 of small to medium size onion.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Fresh cream for the final touch (optional).
- Prepare Aa needed of coriander for garnish (optional).
When all of the soup is blended, add the reserved broccoli florets back into the pot, along with the parsley, black pepper and a little more salt. Creamy Broccoli Soup. featured in Healthy Holiday Leftovers. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Stir in the nutmeg, then ladle into bowls.
Creamy Broccoli Soup step by step
- Boil the broccoli florets for about 5min and keep them aside,Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions, tomato,green chillies,ginger garlic paste and the boiled florets along with 1 cup water and sauté on a medium to high flame for 10 min or until cooked. Remove and keep it aside to cool down..
- Once it cools down,transfer to a mixer and blend into a smooth purée. Keep aside..
- Heat the remaining butter in another deep non-stick pan, add the flour and saute using a whisk on a Sim to medium flame for 30 seconds taking care that the flour does not discolour or get thickened.
- Slowly add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Add the broccoli puree, salt, pepper powder and garam masala powder, mix well and cook it on medium flame for another 10-15minutes. add a cup water here depending on the consistency and cook accordingly (I did add in my recipe or else the consistency becomes too thick).
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix it well and garnish with coriander, your healthy and creamy soup is ready to serve..
This Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup is perfect for chilly weather. It's nearly the end of January, it's cold, Christmas is over, and winter is starting to feel old, real old. Creamy Broccoli Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This soup is super creamy in texture, but it contains very little actual cream. The butter and flour mixture — what's called a roux — gives it body.