Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mapo Doufu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mapo Doufu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood.
In general, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods really do boost your mood when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all wonderful for elevating your mood. This is possible because these foods are rich in magnesium which boosts your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the better you will feel. Nuts, in addition to improving your mood, can be a great protein source.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mapo doufu recipe. To cook mapo doufu you only need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mapo Doufu:
- Take of Extra Firm Tofu.
- Take of Ground Pork.
- Take of Leek.
- Use of Green Onions.
- Use of Chicken Stock.
- Provide of Garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- Take of Sichuan Chili Paste.
- Use of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Sake.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil.
- You need of Corn/Potato Starch Slurry.
Steps to make Mapo Doufu:
- Cut Tofu into 1 cm cubes and set aside. Chop green onions and leek and set aside. Grate/Finely chop garlic and ginger and set aside..
- Using a wok over high heat, add the Sesame oil and wait for it to heat up. Add the garlic and ginger and fry until the garlic is golden and it is very aromatic..
- Next, add the leek and the ground pork and, while continuously breaking apart the pork and stirring, cook until the pork is done. As an option you can continue cooking until it is crispy..
- Add the chili paste and stir until combined. As an option you can season now with salt and fresh cracked black pepper and soy sauce..
- Add the chicken stock and stir. Let it sit until it comes to a boil..
- Add the sake and soy sauce and stir..
- Add the tofu and stir. Bring heat down and let it simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add the slurry and stir until it thickens. Just look and see how much you need. Just add a little at a time..
- Serve over white rice or by itself, and add green onion as garnish. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mapo Doufu recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.