Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad!. With healthy, gluten-free, and vegan options, there's something for everyone here! This healthy quinoa chickpea salad is loaded with veggies and makes a light and delicious lunch option that can be made ahead of time for easy lunches throughout the week. Quinoa, tuna, and chickpeas tossed with baby spinach, celery, fresh mint and cilantro, spring onions and baby tomatoes make a perfect dinner salad.
I have been obsessed with this salad lately – it is very easy to whip up, tastes delish, and keeps you full & satisfied at lunchtime! Lemony Chickpea Quinoa Salad with cucumber, tomato, kalamata olives dill, parsley w/Preserved Lemon Dressing. This light and lemony Chickpea Quinoa Salad is bursting with Middle Eastern flavors (preserved lemons + sumac!) and trust me when I say, you'll want to serve this up all summer. You can have Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad! using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad!
- Prepare 1 cup of Cooked Quinoa.
- You need 1 can of Chickpeas.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Cucumber.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Tomatos (or use cherry tomatoes).
- You need 1 of Avacado (chopped).
- It’s 1 of Fresh Lemon (for lemon juice).
- You need 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
Quinoa is wonderful in salads such as Greek Quinoa Salad and Asian Quinoa Salad as well as baked dishes such as Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Bake. To make this Quinoa, Kale and Chickpea Salad, I first prepare the quinoa according to the package directions and finely chop the kale. The quinoa and chickpeas have a more nutty flavor, while the sun-dried tomatoes add a more salty, savory flavor, which perfectly rounds up this summer In the meantime, rinse the chickpeas under running water and place them into a salad bowl. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into stripes and add them.
Healthy Summer Quinoa Chickpea Salad! instructions
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa in water (follow directions on package) I used about 7 tablespoons of raw quinoa and added a pinch of salt in the water.
- Drain and rinse well the one can of chickpeas and set in the fridge until needed so it cools.
- After quinoa is cooked pour into a bowl and set in fridge also for the mean time.
- Now's a good time to chop up all your veggies (save the avacado for last).
- Once everything is ready combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and squeeze a whole lemons worth of juice on top and add in the oil.
- Gentally toss the salad and it's ready go!.
Quinoa salads are one of my favorite dishes to put together. This easy Lemon Quinoa and Chickpea salad recipe is a one pot meal that you can throw together in Quinoa, chickpeas and diced carrots, bell peppers, scallions and big squeeze of lemon make this a light, well-balanced, healthy main! Quinoa & Chickpea Summer Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing. Recipe PDF. ▸ ▹ Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free. Meanwhile, add the cut veggies, cooked quinoa, chickpeas, and cranberries in a large bowl.