Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Quinoa Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Quinoa Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quinoa Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. When our work day is done, most people do not wish to go to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthy.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your house and make something from your kitchen. Your home should be stocked with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you pick out something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. It’s about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quinoa salad recipe. To cook quinoa salad you only need 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Quinoa Salad:
- Use 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1 of large beef tomato, slightly green.
- Use 5 of large sticks of celery.
- Use 5-6 of large radishes or 10 -12 small radishes.
- Use 1 of raw chilli.
- Provide 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley or 1 small herb packet from supermar.
- You need 1/2 bunch of coriander or 1 small herb packet from supermarket.
- Provide 1/3 bunch of fresh mint or 1 small herb packet from supermarket.
- Get 1 of whole squeezed ripe lemon.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- Use of Olive oil.
- Get of Hot sauce (optional).
Instructions to make Quinoa Salad:
- Chop the ends off the celery sticks – the white bit at the bottom and the top part with the leaves. Wash the tomato, chilli, radishes and celery stalks with cold water and leave aside.
- Place the quinoa in boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes or when soft. Rinse with cold water until cool and leave to drain.
- Separate the parsley and coriander leaves from the stems and chop the leaves very, very fine. Place in a bowl of cold water.
- Do the same for the mint leaves but chop half as finely as they have a tendency to dry up. Place the chopped mint leaves together with the parsley and coriander in the bowl of water.
- Remove the chopped herbs from the bowl of water with your hands a fistful at a time and drop in a sieve. Only pick up the bits floating in the water. Leave to drain thoroughly.
- Chop the tomato into very fine cubes and place in a large salad bowl. Before placing into the bowl, squeeze the excess juice out of the tomato.
- Chop the chilli, radishes and celery sticks – again, very very fine – and add to the bowl with the tomato. Make sure that there is no excess water. You may need to tip the bowl to remove any water leftover.
- Add just a few dashes of salt, the cumin powder and the lemon juice to the salad bowl and mix.
- Ensuring the herbs are well-drained, add these to the salad bowl, then the quinoa, a generous amount of olive oil and mix together.
- As a final option, you can add a couple of drops of your choice of hot sauce to the salad. Don't add anything too vinegary like Tabasco or anything with added flavour or you'll ruin it. I like to use American hot sauces like Blair's After Death or Dave's Insanity. If in doubt, try a little bit set aside to make sure you're happy with it..
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge covered with cling film for later use.
Find healthy, delicious quinoa salad recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. This Greek Quinoa Salad has all of the same flavors as a traditional Greek Salad, but I added You can also serve this Greek Quinoa Salad as a main dish. During the summer months, we eat this. Dijon mustard, dry quinoa, sea salt, red Strawberry Spinach Salad with Toasted QuinoaSimply Quinoa. quinoa, salt, pepper, strawberries. Greek Quinoa Salad with chickpeas, veggies and fresh herbs is the BEST!
If you find this Quinoa Salad recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.