Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Non-spicy Mapo Tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Non-spicy Mapo Tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
Mostly, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. A number of foods actually do raise your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all great for improving your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein source.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to non-spicy mapo tofu recipe. To make non-spicy mapo tofu you only need 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Non-spicy Mapo Tofu:
- Provide of No chilly homemade Hong You or any Cooking oil.
- Use of big block of Tofu (I prefer Hard Tofu).
- Get of beef mince.
- Provide of whole capsicum or a mix of different colour capsicums.
- Get of Celery.
- Provide of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Get of white button mushrooms.
- Use of Spring onions.
- Get of Black pepper.
- Provide of Soy sauce.
- Take of Oyster sauce.
- Get of Sesame oil.
- Provide of corn starch.
- You need of Bean sprouts (Optional).
Instructions to make Non-spicy Mapo Tofu:
- Hong you (red oil) is totally my favourite thing. It smells amazing and goes well with BBQ, too. You can find Hong You recipe on the internet. If you don't want spiciness, just don't put chillies in your oil. If you don't have hong you, it's okay, any cooking oil would do but hong you makes your mapo tofu smell amazing..
- Gently clean the dried shiitake mushrooms then dip them in a bowl of hot water until soft. Keep this water..
- Capsicum, celery, mushrooms all chopped. Tofu chopped into 1cm³ blocks..
- Heat oil in a hot wok at high heat..
- If you only don't really like eating celery and capsicum and just want them for the smell, throw them in now..
- Add beef mince and stir until cooked..
- Throw in the mushrooms..
- Add a tablespoon of oyster sauce and soy sauce to taste. Stir well..
- Add 2, 3 more tablespoon off soy sauce so it is slightly saltier than you would like but not too salty..
- Once the shiitake mushrooms are soft enough to bite, add tofu, a bit of shiitake water and shimmer for a few minutes. If you like to eat celery and capsicum a bit raw, add them at this step..
- Use 1/2 cup of shiitake water to dissolve the corn starch..
- Slowly add the corn starch mixture into your wok and stir well until everything gets sticky..
- Turn off the stove..
- Add black pepper to your liking. Sprinkle a few drop of sesame oil. Stir well..
- Serve with rice..
- For people who like a bit of spiciness but not too much, you can add some chilly flakes at the last step..
If you find this Non-spicy Mapo Tofu recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.