Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is finished, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Go up the stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a excellent way to get some exercise in. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Most people will decide to be idle and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a several times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done every day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheddar soup recipe. You can have broccoli cheddar soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Get 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic,minced.
- Get 2 of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Get 4 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 2 cups of half and half.
- Get 3-4 cups of chicken stock*.
- Provide 6-7 heads of broccoli crowns.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Get of salt.
- Get of pepper.
- Provide 4 oz of cream cheese.
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you…
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.