Warm Quinoa Salad. Make Your Salad What You Want. Order Online and Pick Up In Restaurant! Warm quinoa, veggies, and herbs are topped with a seasoned olive oil and lime juice dressing that is easy to make and perfect for a vegetarian or vegan dinner or lunch.
And don't get me started on the browned butter! Yum. —Carly Taylor, Libertyville, Illinois Warm Quinoa Salad with Roasted Autumn Vegetables and Ginger-Scallion Dressing Salad Quinoa Vegetables Thanksgiving Asian Roasting Picnic Potluck Dairy Free Healthy Vegan Vegetarian Soy Sauce Olive Oil Cilantro Ginger Brussels Sprouts Carrots Parsnips Scallions Sweet Potato Turnip Lunch Side Dish Fusion Make Ahead Weeknight Dinner Flour Fall Easy This warm quinoa brussels sprouts salad is also on the menu. It'll be the only thing that isn't home-grown. You can have Warm Quinoa Salad using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Warm Quinoa Salad
- It’s of salad/ first version.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 medium of red bell peppers, finely diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 10 of kalamatta olives, sliced.
- You need of parmesan cheese, grated ( optional ).
- It’s of salad/ second version. Use the ingredients from above adding these too.
- Prepare 1 lb of medium shrimp, cleaned and shelled.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
But hey, it has squash in it! There's so much good things are going into this salad. Roasted squash might be one of my favorite things in the fall. As written, this is a vegan quinoa salad — it's delicious, hearty, and extremely satisfying this way.
Warm Quinoa Salad instructions
- In a deep skillet heat oil over medium heat..
- Add onions, peppers and celery. Cook 4 minutes or until onions turn translucent..
- Add in garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute..
- Add in water and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa and cover. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes..
- Place into a large serving bowl and mix in parsley and olives. Top each serving with grated cheese if you prefer..
- Serve warm..
- For version two. This is so easy to change up. You will cook the recipe in the exact same manner. Just toss in uncooked shrimp when water comes to a boil before adding in quinoa. Cover and simmer the same way. Same timing. Toss in lemon zest and juice when adding in parsley and olives..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
That said, there are lots of variations you can do to make this salad your own. Serve this as a cold or warm quinoa salad. Give it a Mediterranean or Greek spin with the addition of feta cheese and some sliced olives. Now add the quinoa along with the kale and green onions (if using). Pour all of the dressing onto the vegetables and toss to coat.