Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Egg & Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Egg & Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Lowering costs In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This needs to happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to start saving energy by going much more green.
A lot of electricity is consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that are more than ten years old. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Another way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, for the reason that the motor won’t have to run as often.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not that difficult. A lot of it is basically making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to egg & cheese recipe. You can have egg & cheese using 19 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Egg & Cheese:
- Prepare of Base:.
- Use of White Peppercorns, A Small Handful.
- Take 135 g of Homemade Ricotta,.
- You need 1 of Egg White,.
- Use Pinch of Cream of Tartar,.
- Prepare 25 g of Heavy Whipping Cream,.
- Get 30 of Month Aged Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated, 65g.
- Use Pinch of Fleur De Sel,.
- Take of Sauce:.
- Prepare of Black Peppercorns.
- Prepare of Homemade Vegetable Stock, 10g + More.
- Get 36 of Month Aged Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated, 100g.
- You need of Crisp:.
- Get 24 of Month Aged Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly Grated, 4 TBSP or More.
- Take of Egg:.
- Prepare 4 of Egg Yolks,.
- You need Pinch of Matcha Salt,.
- Use Pinch of Shichimi Togarashi,.
- Provide Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
Steps to make Egg & Cheese:
- This is the dish I had made be4 on Instagram. Which is just sunny side up on a bed of crispy cheese..
- This is the dish I cooked for that lunch event. I laid a small gruyere to sorta warn the guests of what's about to come..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2019/06/21/Ricotta for the homemade ricotta..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2019/09/12/Vegetable-Stock for homemade vegetable stock..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/single-post/2018/07/25/Croque-Madame for more info about matcha salt..
- Prepare the base. In a skillet over medium heat, toast white peppercorns until aromatic. Transfer into a mortar & pestle and grind until coarse powder forms. Set aside. Transfer ricotta into a large bowl..
- Burn up some wood chips and place them into a small bowl. I use charcoal. Place that bowl together with the ricotta. Cover and smoke the ricotta for about 15 to 20 mins. *You can skip this step by using 1/2 TSP of liquid smoke into the ricotta.*.
- In a large bowl, add egg white and cream of tartar. If you do not have cream of tartar, you can add a dash of fresh lemon juice. Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks form. *You can check by turning the bowl over, if the egg white stays, it is ready.*.
- Set aside. Warm cream in the skillet over medium heat until bubbles start to form along the edge. *Do not bring it to a boil.* Transfer the warm cream into a bowl..
- Add in parmigiano. Stir to combine well and the cheese has melted. Set aside..
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip ricotta until light and fluffy. Add in the cream mixture and continue whipping until fully incorporated. Fold in the egg white in 1/3 portion at a time until fully incorporated…
- Season generously with the toasted white pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings with fleur de sel. Prepare a steamer. If your bowl is heat-proof, smoothen + level the surface with an offset spatula and place into the steamer..
- If not, transfer into another heat proof bowl. Steam on medium-low heat for 45 mins or until firms but still light. Remove from steamer and set aside. While the base is steaming, prepare the sauce..
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast black peppercorns until aromatic. Transfer into a mortar & pestle and grind until coarse powder forms. Set aside. In the same skillet over medium heat, add vegetable stock and parmigiano. Stir to combine well..
- As soon as the cheese starts to melt, remove from heat and transfer into a blender. Blitz until smooth. Depending on the consistency you desire, you may add more vegetable stock while it is still blitzing..
- Taste and adjust with seasonings with the ground black pepper. *I did not add any salt as the stock and cheese is already too salty for my tastebuds.* Transfer into a bowl and set aside. *During the process, keep the vegetable stock warm or the cheese will seize.* Prepare the crisp while the base is steaming..
- Add the parmigiano into a skillet. You can shape however you desire. Get artsy. Turn the heat up to medium..
- Cook until the fat has almost evaporate and bottom is golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat the process for the remaining crisps. You may need more cheese. You should have 4 crisps..
- Prepare the egg. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Spoon the base onto 4 serving plates. I am using a 4" ring to shape the base..
- Create a small well in the middle. Gently slide the egg yolks into each well. I separate the yolk into a cup to make it easier to slide..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 2 to 3 mins or until the egg yolk is slightly set depending on the consistency you desire. Remove from oven. Garnish the egg yolk with matcha salt, shichimi togarashi and nori flakes. Lastly, stick the crisp into the base, up-standing. Serve immediately..
If you find this Egg & Cheese recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.