Cast iron chicken pot pie. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Chicken pot pie is a fall and cast-iron skillet staple. You could make your own crust, but store-bought puff pastry works plenty well for a weekday meal.
Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly until bubbly and thickened. The preparations required for chicken pot pie have largely relegated it to a Sunday treat, but moving this dish to a cast-iron skillet sped up the process and also improved the results. We started by parbaking the crust separately, which ke. You can have Cast iron chicken pot pie using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cast iron chicken pot pie
- You need 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- You need 3 lb of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 packages of grands biscuits.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of water.
- Prepare 2 packages of thawed frozen vegetables.
Whisk in the milk until smooth, then add chicken, frozen peas and carrots, potato, and cream. Stir until fully mixed and bubbling. Want an easy-to-cook dinner the family will love? Cook them a chicken pot pie in your cast iron skillet!
Cast iron chicken pot pie instructions
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in butter.
- Add water, bring to boil and add vegetables..
- Add soups, salt and pepper to taste stir and let simmer for 5 minutes..
- Place uncooked biscuits on top of mixture. Bake according to directions on biscuit container..
Newer Post > < Older Post. The times I tend to crave chicken pot pie the most are at the end of long, busy days, which is exactly when I don't have the time to make it. It relies on a few store-bought conveniences and comes together in one skillet, so it's a pot pie you can pull off on those kinds of nights. In a small bowl, whisk together broth, half-and-half, and flour. This Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie is made using one of my favorite kitchen tools, my cast iron skillet.