Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. If you make smart choices when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go to your apartment and make a little something from your kitchen. Fill your pantry shelves with wholesome foods. This way—even if you decide on something slightly greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to holiday flavors in a pot pie for 2 or 4 people recipe. You can have holiday flavors in a pot pie for 2 or 4 people using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People:
- Take of filling.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Take 2/3 cup of chopped carrots.
- Get 1 cup of pearl onions.
- Get 1 lb of lean ground turkey.
- Use 1 large of sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small chunks.
- Use 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 tsp of dried sage leaves.
- Use 6 of grinds fresh ground pepper.
- Use 5 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Prepare of topping.
- Use 2 of sheets of puffed pastry.
- Get 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
Instructions to make Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People:
- Gather your chopped carrots, celery and pearl onions..
- In a stock pot, add olive oil and heat over medium heat..
- Add in carrots, celery and onions and saute for 4 minutes..
- Remove after 4 minutes and set aside. Add in ground turkey, season with a small amount of the salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink. Several minutes..
- Add to pot the sweet potatoes and wine. Cook for five minutes..
- Return celery, carrots and onions. Pour in chicken stock and add rest of seasonings..
- Cook until potatoes are just tender. Remove the 2 1/2 tablespoons of broth and mix well with cornstarch..
- Add in half and half and cook for 2 more minutes. Shut off heat and cover pot to keep warm..
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Roll out each sheet of pastry to cover 2, 10 oz. ramekins or 4, 6 oz ramekins. Leave about a 1/4 " extra overlay to crimp on ramekin..
- Fill your ramekins. Brush rim with a touch of cream and lay pastry on top. Crimp edges decoratively now..
- Brush each with cream, place on baking tray and cook for 15-20 until golden..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
This savory pot pie is loaded with carrots, potatoes, onions, and mushrooms, then encased in a flaky puff pastry topping. Nothing is more exciting than tapping the The vegetables are sautéed with herbs and garlic for a punch of flavor. Then, I thicken the filling with a little flour to create a luscious gravy. What I love about pot pie is, you can cook the chicken right then and there…or you can use (You can also splash in a little wine at this stage, which I absolutely love, but which I usually don't do because the five people I live with don't like the flavor of. Turn leftover chicken into the ultimate comfort food.
If you find this Holiday Flavors In A Pot Pie For 2 or 4 People recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.