Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is complete, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. If you make smart decisions when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and cook what you already have. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthy. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. It has more to do with making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie recipe. You can have left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Use of Filling.
- Prepare 2 small of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Use 1/2 cup of white chopped onion.
- Get 2 medium of white mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 2 slice of bacon, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of turkey, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped.
- Use 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Use 1 tbsp of flour.
- Provide of Pumpkin filling sauce.
- Use 1/2 cup of left over pumpkin pie filling.
- Get 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide 3 tbsp of toasted spice rub.
- Use 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Pot pie topping.
- Get 1 of Pie crust dough.
Steps to make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..
It's the perfect solution to leftover turkey, or as a substitute for the big bird itself at Thanksgiving. Or if you wish, make it with chicken, too! Leftover Turkey Tamale Pie – Sorry, Pumpkin, There's a New Thanksgiving Pie in Town. While I'm branding this as a post-Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, it's really a "how to make tamale pie" video, since you can sub in virtually. Some popular Thanksgiving Leftover recipes are Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Fritatta and Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprouts Slaw to name a few!
If you find this Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.