Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Run the stairs. Rather than using an elevator, climb up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. This isn’t as easy to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a excellent way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. Even just a sole flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day–can be a great boost to your system.
There are a good deal of things that factor into getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your lifestyle choices. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken pot pie with biscuit topper recipe. You can cook chicken pot pie with biscuit topper using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper:
- Prepare 2 T of Butter.
- Use 1 C of Thinly Sliced Celery.
- Get 1 C of Sliced Carrots.
- Use 1/2 C of Chopped Onion.
- Get 1 Lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, cut into 3/4" pieces.
- Take 2 T of Gluten-Free Flour.
- Provide 1/2 t of Dried Thyme, crushed.
- You need 1/4 t of Salt.
- Get 1/4 t of Pepper.
- Use 1 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
- Use 1/2 C of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 1 C of Gluten-Free Flour.
- You need 1/4 t of Salt.
- Use 1/4 C of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 C of Almond Milk.
Steps to make Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 2-Q square or rectangular baking dish with olive oil..
- In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter over medium heat. Add the next three ingredients; cook 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; cool 5 minutes or just until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in the next four ingredients; gradually stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in peas; cook and stir 1 minute more. Cover and keep warm..
- For biscuit topper, in a medium bowl stir together the next three ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/4 C butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add 1/2 C almond milk all at once; Stir just until moistened..
- Transfer chicken mixture to prepared baking dish. Crumble biscuit topper on top of chicken mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
Instead of the usual pastry crust, this chicken pie is topped with savory cheese biscuits. The biscuit dough is rolled to a pan-size rectangle and the biscuits are cut into squares, so none of the dough is wasted. Using a rotisserie chicken and frozen peas and carrots really cuts down on the prep time. Topping a chicken pot pie with biscuit dough results in an amazing combination of textures: fluffy, crusty biscuits and creamy chicken filling. I grew up with individual, double-crusted chicken pot pies, while my husband always had the biscuit-topped casserole version.
If you find this Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Topper recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.