Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Drink water, not alternative drinks. Having a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won’t hurt you too badly. Getting all of your hydration from them is a terrible idea. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. This also helps you decrease your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat gross diet foods. Water is often the key to successful weight loss and healthfulness.
There are a good deal of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to from scratch chicken pot pie recipe. You can have from scratch chicken pot pie using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie:
- Use 3-4 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Provide 1 cup of carrots.
- Use 1 cup of yellow or sweet onion.
- Take 1 cup of celery or 1 no salt added can corn.
- Get 2 cups of unsalted chicken stock.
- Get 2-4 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Use 1 package of pre made pie crust crust.
Steps to make From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie:
- Put a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of a big saucepan and cook chicken season the chicken how you like.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside in a bowl with the juices.
- Add chopped up carrots, first because they require longer cooking, cook halfway through, with 1-2 tbls of butter.
- Add 1-2 tbls of butter,onions and celery, season with season salt,garlic powder, little bit of pepper,cook both the carrots and the onions until done.
- If using corn instead of celery add can of corn after the vegetables are through cooking.
- Add flour and stir until you no longer see the white.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock and 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until thick.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a 9 inch circular baking dish with one pie crust (I use this dish because it holds all the contents well) (you can use a square dish if you would like or pre made pie crust thats thawed, you will just have to cook more than one pie).
- Add all the contents to the baking dish from the pan.
- Put another pie crust on top of the filling make sure you have a good seal around or the contents will spill out, also make sure you put at least four slits in the top so it can vent.
- Cook until pie crust is golden brown, usually 20 to 30 minutes depending on how your oven cooks.
What I love about pot pie is, you can cook the chicken right then and there…or you can use leftover chicken (or turkey) if you have it. You can whip up a pie crust just for the occasion…or you can use a crust you might have languishing in the freezer. Chicken pot pie doesn't have to be a huge ordeal! The filling for this Quick Chicken Pot Pie is made from scratch and has no cream in it (most chicken pot pies do). The sauce is made with flour, milk and a bit of cheese instead of using a carton of cream.
If you find this From Scratch Chicken Pot Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.