Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Ham and broccoli casserole recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and broccoli casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and broccoli casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Elevate Your Mood.
A lot of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that, when you eat them, could boost your mood. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try a couple of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really great at beating back depression. Just make sure that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you improve your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that dictate your mood. Eat an egg and feel better!
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and broccoli casserole recipe. You can have ham and broccoli casserole using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and broccoli casserole:
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 head of broccoli, chopped into 1/4 in florets, stems peeled and diced 1/4 in thick.
- Take 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- Take 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Get 3 cup of cooked barley, rice, or orzo.
- Use 1/2 lb of cooked ham, diced.
- Use 1/2 cup of basil, julienned.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of monterey jack cheese, shredded.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper, to taste.
Steps to make Ham and broccoli casserole:
- Cook barley (or whatever grain you're using). Chop ham and broccoli..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat and saute onion until softened. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more..
- Add broccoli and salt, and return pot to medium-high heat. Stir fry until broccoli begins to brown. Add water, cover and steam until broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper..
- In small bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, and eggs..
- Add cooked barley, cooked ham, and basil to the pot. Add ricotta mixture and 1 cup of the cheese..
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese..
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly..
This cheesy ham and broccoli casserole is a great variation to serve at holidays as well! Melt remaining butter; toss with remaining stuffing mix. Pasta, broccoli and tender ham is tossed in a quick and easy from scratch cheese sauce. This casserole is then topped with breadcrumbs and baked until bubbly and golden. The kids love this dish just as much as I do.
If you find this Ham and broccoli casserole recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.