Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken Pot Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Water is the most effective beverage out there. Soda and coffee, when ingested in small amounts, aren’t that bad. It will be, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. When you decide on water over other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories from your diet— without having to be forced to eat terrible tasting diet food. Water is usually one of the keys to really reducing your weight and getting healthy.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every single day, can do a great deal to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken pot pie recipe. You can have chicken pot pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Pot Pie:
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Use 4 of chicken breasts (2.5 lbs).
- Get 2 Cups of sliced/diced carrots.
- Use 1 Cup of sliced/diced celery.
- Get 1 Cup of chopped onions.
- Provide 1.5 tsp. of Salt.
- Get 1 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Take 1 tsp. of Black Pepper.
- Get 3/4 Cup of flour.
- You need 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- Get 2 Cups of Chicken broth.
- You need 1 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- Use 2 of Tblsp. Minced Parsley.
- Take of Enough Pie Dough for 2 bottom crusts and 2 top crusts.
Steps to make Chicken Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°. I make sure all ingredients are cut up and measured ahead of time..
- Add butter to large skillet on medium heat. Melt butter, then add chicken pieces, carrots, celery, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir often and cook until chicken is done..
- Add flour to chicken and vegetables and stir until all flour is moistened. Slowly stir in the cream and then chicken broth. Cook until mixture is bubbling hot and thickens. Stir often..
- Remove pie mixture from heat and stir in frozen peas and parsley. Let mixture cool for about 30 minutes before filling the pie crusts..
- Place bottom pie crusts in both deep dish 9" pie dishes or pans. Spoon cooled pie filling evenly between two pies. Top each pie with a 2nd crust. Seal edges of top and bottom crusts together on each pie. Cut 3-4 slits in top of pie crusts to allow steam to escape during the bake time..
- Apply an egg wash to the top of each pie. (1 large egg, 1 tablespoon water OR milk. I use milk.) Apply with a pastry brush. See how golden brown and shiny crust is? Its the egg wash!.
- Place each pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven. Crust will be golden brown and filling will bubble when pie is done..
- Cool pies for 15 – 30 minutes before cutting and serving. I get six pieces per pie..
- Link to my PIE CRUST RECIPE: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345384-southern-pie-crust?invite_token=UY35ewXpWDvLCEexbW5huhRF&shared_at=1604953988.
Separate the… Chicken pot pie doesn't have to be a huge ordeal! Dice up an onion, along with some carrots and celery, then throw them into a pot with a little butter over medium heat. Cut slits to allow steam to escape. This chicken pot pie recipe is also known as "Mrs. Hering's Chicken Pot Pie" in the Marshall Field's Cookbook, from the famed Chicago Marshall Fields department store.
If you find this Chicken Pot Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.