Pickled okra, Refrigerator pickled okra. Pickled okra—spicy or not—is a fabulous way to keep the distinctive grassy flavor of okra around well past its summer and fall season. Luckily, it's super easy to make these delicious okra pickles. They are a crisp, flavorful element to serve alongside burgers or barbecue, and also wonderfully tasty as part of.
Thank you for hearing me out, and now onto the gracious pickled okra recipe. I'm actually going to make it small, so you can refrigerator pickle your stash and, in the event of an okra windfall, simply multiply and seal for shelf storage. Pickled Okra: I was introduced to pickled okra a few years ago at a party, and have not been able to get enough since then! You can have Pickled okra, Refrigerator pickled okra using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pickled okra, Refrigerator pickled okra
- Prepare 1 lb of okra.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of dehydrated onions.
- You need 1 clove of garlic cloves sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1 of large bay leaf.
- You need 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seed.
I like my pickled okra really vinegar-y and spicy, but you can always alter my recipe to suit your tastes. This is a quick version of pick… With our Pickled Okra recipe, you can enjoy summer okra all year long! It's an easy recipe, even for novice canners. Be sure to select very fresh, young, tender okra pods.
Pickled okra, Refrigerator pickled okra step by step
- Pick through the okra use fancy or choice grade okra. Fancy grade or choice grade will be no longer then your pointing finger. Its more tender the bigger the okra the tougher it is..
- Wash the okra..
- In a sterilized 46 ounce jar add all the ingredients.
- Top off with water if not full..
- Set in refrigerator for 2 weeks. Shake jar every other day, to get everything incorporated well. Keep refrigerated. It will last as long as a jar of pickles will. Hope you enjoy!.
Remove any spotted or blemished pods. See our Water Bath Canning Guide if you're not clear what supplies or steps you. Make your own Pickled Okra with tender young pods of okra preserved in a brine with garlic, dill, and peppercorns. I'll breeze right by a dill pickle if there's pickled okra around. I love it with a sandwich or just as an accompaniment to some good, old-fashioned southern vegetables.