Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers and hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, primarily by making your cooking area more green.
Let’s begin with something really easy, changing the actual light bulbs. Complete this for the whole house, not merely the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you should use them rather than incandescent lights. Although costing a little more in the beginning, these types of bulbs last as long as ten of the conventional type as well as using a lot less energy. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. You also have to get the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. The kitchen lights in particular will often be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not confined to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house also. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at how much electricity you can save by turning the lights off when you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not really that difficult. A lot of it is simply utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. You can have broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Take of unsalted butter.
- Provide of medium onion.
- Get of garlic.
- You need of broccoli.
- Use of cauliflower.
- Prepare of celery.
- You need of large carrot.
- Provide of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Take of half and half.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Use of shredded cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
Add broccoli stems and cauliflower to potato mixture. Broccoli cauliflower soup is creamy, comforting, and perfect for chilly nights! This healthy soup recipe is a hit with my entire family! I like to serve this broccoli and cauliflower soup with some crumbled bacon and grated cheddar on top. A little sour cream would be nice too!
If you find this Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.