Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect FRYday – Fried Green Tomatoes and Sweet Potato Fries recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect FRYday – Fried Green Tomatoes and Sweet Potato Fries recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to FRYday – Fried Green Tomatoes and Sweet Potato Fries recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nourishing and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that actually can raise your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
If you want to overcome depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all high in omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you fight your depression.
As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fryday – fried green tomatoes and sweet potato fries recipe. To make fryday – fried green tomatoes and sweet potato fries you need 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare FRYday – Fried Green Tomatoes and Sweet Potato Fries:
- Use 5 1/2 – inchs of green tomatoes , cut into -thick slices.
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour , divided.
- Provide 1 cup of milk.
- Use 1 of flax egg (1tbsp meal and 3 tbsp milk).
- You need 1 cup of cornmeal yellow.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare of Coconut oil for frying.
Instructions to make FRYday – Fried Green Tomatoes and Sweet Potato Fries:
- Place tomato slices on plate. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Turn tomatoes, and sprinkle with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Let stand for 30 minutes..
- In a shallow dish, place 1/2 cup flour. In a separate shallow dish, whisk together milk and flax egg. In a third shallow dish, combine cornmeal, seasoned salt, and remaining 1 cup flour..
- Dredge tomatoes in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in milk mixture to coat. Dredge tomatoes in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess..
- In a large pot, pour coconut oil to a depth of 1/8 inch; heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, in batches, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve immediately..
How to Carve a Turkey the Easy Way. Fried Green Tomatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Fried green tomatoes are an early summertime standby in the American South. The green tomatoes themselves (which are red tomatoes While the sweet potatoes roast, in a small bowl, combine half the yogurt and as much of the sriracha as you'd like, depending on how spicy you'd like the dish to be. Fry as many tomato slices as will comfortably fit into the pan, about two minutes per side.
If you find this FRYday – Fried Green Tomatoes and Sweet Potato Fries recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.