White Chicken Chili.
You can cook White Chicken Chili using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Chicken Chili
- Prepare 2-3 of chicken breasts (depending on size).
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, diced.
- Prepare 3 cans of black beans (drain all cans).
- It’s 2 cans of navy beans (drain only one).
- Prepare 2 can of diced green chili's.
- It’s 32 oz of box of chicken stock.
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper (3 palm fulls or to your liking).
- You need of Cumin (1 palm full up to 1/2 bottle).
- Prepare of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Coriander (1 palm full).
- You need of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- It’s of Corn Tortillas.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- You need of Shredded Cheese.
White Chicken Chili step by step
- In a large pan, saute the onions & garlic in about 3 TBS of olive oil until the onions are clear..
- Add the cayenne, coriander and cumin to the onions & garlic. Don't worry, it will look a little dry. You can add a little more olive oil if you'd like..
- Push the onion & garlic to the side & add the cubed chicken. Sprinkle the garlic salt & black pepper to the chicken only. Cook until the chicken is done..
- Add the two cans of drained green chili's and mix together. Add some chicken stock (about 1/2 the box) & let simmer..
- If cooking in the same pot, add all of the beans. Make sure you drained all of the black beans & only one can of the navy. (I make mine in the crock pot sometimes so I have my beans waiting & just transfer the mixture over).
- Add the rest of the chicken stock & bring to a boil (if doing on the stove). Reduce to low heat & let sit until ready to eat. If doing in a crock pot, I put mine on whatever time I need it to be ready..
- When you are ready to eat, fry up some corn tortillas in oil. Sprinkle them with some salt and set aside. Cook as many as desired..
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, cheese. Many people rip up the tortillas & mix it up in the chili. Others dip & some just eat the tortilla on the side..