Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Fab fried green tomatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fab fried green tomatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fab fried green tomatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, can boost your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Put together some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to elevate your mood. This is possible as these foods have a bunch of magnesium which raises your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of it you have, the better you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a great protein source.
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fab fried green tomatoes recipe. You can have fab fried green tomatoes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Fab fried green tomatoes:
- Use 1 large of Green tomato.
- You need 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Use 1/4 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of Parika.
- Get 1 dash of Cajun (red) pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of Mrs dash chicken seasoning.
- Get 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fat free plain yogurt.
- Provide 1 of Low fat or skim Milk.
- Use 1/3 cup of Coconut oil.
Instructions to make Fab fried green tomatoes:
- Wash and dry tomato. Slice into 6 slices. Place on paper towel to absorb excess moisture..
- In one bowl mix all dry ingredients..
- Pour approximately 1/3 of dry mixture into another bowl. You will use this as your dry coating on tomato..
- With the other portion of dry ingredients, add yogurt and enough milk to make the mixture a pancake batter consistancy. You will use this to dredge the tomato in..
- Heat coconut oil (or canola, vegetable, etc) on stovetop in preparation to fry tomato slices..
- Take each tomato slice and dust each side with dry flour mixture and then immediately dredge in wet flour mixture. Place in hot oil. Allow each side to cook on medium heat until golden brown..
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to absorb extra oil. Serve hot. Enjoy..
Stir in a tablespoon or two of milk. Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium-size bowl. Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs and salt and pepper on another plate. Dip tomatoes into flour to coat. You can also fry red tomatoes following this recipe, but they're in danger of being mushy if they're overly ripe.
If you find this Fab fried green tomatoes recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.