Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
When you go grocery shopping, be sensible about it. If you make smart choices when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and cook what you have on hand. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthful. This way—even if you choose something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about slimming down. You need to help make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli blue cheese soup recipe. To cook broccoli blue cheese soup you need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Provide of Ingredients.
- Provide 2 of cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- Get 1/2 pinch of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Provide 1 pinch of cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- Provide 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Use 60 grams of blue cheese.
- You need 1/2 of carrot or parsnip.
- Get 30 grams of butter.
- Prepare 150 ml of heavy cream.
- Use 4 cup of hot water.
- Use 1 head of Broccoli (or 2).
- You need 1/2 cup of dried potato flakes.
Steps to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy thanks to a potato and cheddar cheese (no cream, no flour!). I have high standards for broccoli cheese soup.
If you find this Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.