Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce. Separating the bok choy's stems and leaves for cooking results in wilted leaves and crisp-tender stems, which pair perfectly with the lightly cooked carrots and crispy, browned tofu. Low-sodium soy sauce, dry sherry, toasted sesame oil, and. Bok choy is a priceless ingredient in Asian dishes, including many Chinese stir-fry recipes.
Combine hoisin sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, ginger and cornstarch and set aside. Stir in the bok choy greens, place the tofu on top, and cover tightly. This one is SO pretty though Susan. You can cook Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce
- You need 4 oz of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of baby bokchoy, separate the stem and leaves then cut them.
- Prepare 1 of medium size carrot, cut into matchsticks.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of firm tofu, cut about 1/2 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, smashed then finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 inch of ginger, smashed then finely chopped.
- You need 2 of green onion, separate the white and green parts, then cut them off.
- You need of For Ginger Sauce:.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine / Shao Xing Wine (optional).
- You need 1/2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
I love that you used freshly squeezed OJ for the sauce. You could absolutely serve this tofu bok choy stir fry as a main course with some steamed rice, or make a feast of vegetarian Chinese dishes. Only half of this vegan bok choy recipe is featured in the photos because I ate the rest. Bok choy with tofu and garlic in oyster sauce
Tofu Shrimp Bokchoy Stir Fry in Ginger Sauce step by step
- Toss the tofu with soy sauce. Set aside..
- For Ginger Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside..
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the tofu to a clean bowl..
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the same pan. Saute the bokchoy stems and carrot. Stir for about 1-2 minutes. Add the green onion (the white part), garlic and chopped ginger. Stir until fragrant..
- Add shrimp and tofu. Stir until the shrimp changes color. Add the bokchoy leaves and green onions (green part). Stir for a while..
- Whisk the ginger sauce to recombine, then pour it to the pan and bring to a simmer and get thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and toss until all the ingredients are well coated with sauce and sizzling hot. Serve immediately..
Bok Choy Shrimp Garlic Sauce Fresh from The Garden. Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu and Black BeansVegetarian Times. Whisk in soy sauce, ginger, chile sauce, garlic and sesame oil. Return tofu and bok choy to pan. Served with a simple homemade honey ginger soy stir fry sauce.