Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That has completely changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These kinds of adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is actually greater by 75%, and perhaps this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances can boil water or steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is not true. You get the greatest energy savings by fully loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably straightforward to live green, of course. A lot of it is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup recipe. You can cook jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- You need of Pinto Beans (dry) (Soaked and rinsed).
- Prepare of Large Onion (Sliced or Diced).
- Use of Cubed Ham.
- You need of Salted Butter.
- Use of Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Skip or use less if using Broth).
- Take of Garlic (minced).
- Provide of Dried Ground Thyme (Or 2-3 tsp Thyme Leaves).
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Provide of Parsley.
- Prepare of Bay Leaf.
- You need of Water And/Or Chicken Broth.
- Provide of Fresh Baby Spinach for garnish (Optional).
Instructions to make Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- Melt Butter in a big soup pot, over Medium heat..
- Add Onion..
- Add spices, except for the Bay Leaf. Stir well..
- When the onions begin to soften, add the Ham. Stir well. Cook and stir for about 5 mins..
- Add the 12 cups of water and the Bouillon Cubes. (For a thicker soup, use 10 cups of water and 5 Bouillon Cubes).
- Add the Pinto Beans. Stir, and turn up heat to Medium High..
- Heat until boiling. Cover and turn heat down to Medium Low..
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Add Bay Leaf about a half an hour before cooking is finished..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
Pinto Bean/Ham Soup Recipe -This soup simmering on your stove will fill the whole house with the most tantalizing aromas. By the time that you ladle it out Spicy black bean and chicken soup with tomatoes, chiles, peppers and spices is delicious served with cool avocado and a touch of sour cream. This vegan pinto bean soup is hearty and nourishing and totally delicious. It's also super easy to throw together and wonderfully satisfying. This pinto bean soup is the most comforting of comfort foods.
If you find this Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.